Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Want a Little Girl!

Well, I have already had requests to include lots of childrens merchandise in my blog...Given that suggestion, this was all I could think about:  I grew up with three brothers...I always wanted four children of my own, but I wanted two boys and two girls.  When I got pregnant with my first child, I just knew it was a girl!  I couldn't imagine NOT having a girl...But, it just wasn't in the stars!  Keaton Joseph "KJ" was born in July of 2002!  When KJ was only 6 months old I discovered that, low and behold...I was pregnant again!  And I argued with my doctor throughout the entire pregnancy that I was most certainly having a little girl this time!  In October of 2003, I gave birth to Griffin...yes, that's a boy's name!  My third pregnancy was almost 5 years later...and my hopes for a girl had never been higher!  We went to the doctor's office for the ultrasound, and the doctor didn't even have to speak...My little Owen had his legs proudly spread and all I could say was, "Is that a weiner?"  LOL! 

Three little boys...and let me tell you, it is never boring at our house!  As much as I KNOW that three boys should be enough...I still want one more baby!  And as much as I would love a little girl, I do love my boys and have gotten used to raising boys.  Another boy wouldn't be so bad!  But until I can convince my husband that we really do NEED that fourth child...here's my little girl's wishlist!

My first selection is more than just a precious little girl in a pink tutu...this is the beautiful daughter of one of my best friends!  Kara is the founder of LittleMeLoveBug.  She makes absolutely gorgeous tutus, hair bows, custom clothing, pageant dresses...you name it, she can make it!  (And you'll be seeing lots of her stuff in my blog!) Be sure to check out her shop and feel free to submit your custom order to her!


My next selection is from the fabulously creative BrokenGhostCouture.  This unique boutique makes the most of second hand clothes!  Their upcycled wears are just beautiful, and the adult collection is just as amazing as the children's collection.  Go take a browse!


What little girl doesn't like to play house?  And living in East Tennessee means having very unpredictable weather.  This morning it was freezing and drizzly, this afternoon it's sunny and 80 degrees!  What this means to my kids: we have to be creative indoors!  This tablecloth is the easiest way to be creative I've seen in a long time!  Don't bypass this shop!  Check out they're amazing creations...


For the prettiest hats and blankies, MissLisBoutique is the place to go!  Her work is superb and her prices are affordable.  Too many shops on Etsy crochet beautiful wears but charge you your first born!  Not this shop... which is why it's one of my favorites!


Well, even though I have three little boys, I also have lots of nieces!  So I know how prissy they are and how every single accessory, right down the the ponytail holder has to be just right!  So why would she want to carry her lunch to school in a brown paper bag if she could carry it in this DIVINE lunch tote by BOWdaciousBaby!


Now, I know that there are plenty of ladies out there who are NOT completely obsessed with shoes....I, for one, am not one of those ladies!  I have more shoes than clothes...I can't help it!  Usually, if I go shopping I pick a pair of shoes first, and then build an outfit around the shoes!  So, chance are...If I ever have a little girl, I will do the same for her!  And these precious little loafer/booties by HandMadeBabyLove would be the beginning of a lifetime of shoes!


As a little girl, I remember one of my favorite playtimes being dress up...I had a big box of clothes, scarves, shoes, and purses that my Mamaw had collected for me and I would get all dressed up and then put on some of her brightest red lipstick!  And even now, as an adult, my favorite thing to do is get all dressed up and spend an hour on my hair and make up just to go out to dinner!  And don't even get me started on Halloween!  I start planning months in advance!  As a matter of fact, I've already bought my costume for this year, and started asking my boys what they are thinking about!  If you do the same thing, then now is the time to buy your little princess this fairy costume, because ImaginationCouture has it on sale right now!


So...I could spend hours and hours browsing through precious pink girly stuff...However, my boys wanna go outside and dig in the dirt so it's time for me to go!  I hope you have all enjoyed todays list!  Have a great Wednesday :)

2 comments:

  1. Um, amazing selection of girly etsy stuff, even with 3 boys, you know what a little girl would want. If you get that 4th, she'll be one lucky little lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks My Little Nuggets :) **Trying to convince my husband**

    ReplyDelete